Registered Midwife– Maternity Ward
- Life Anncron Hospital
- Registered Midwife– Maternity Ward
Vacancies exist for Registered Midwife / Advanced Midwife in the Maternity ward, reporting to the Unit Manager.
The successful candidate will contribute to the effective functioning and co-ordination of the unit and ensure quality care to all patients.
- Critical Outputs
Ensure professional, ethical practice in the unit
- Evaluating employee labour hours and manage debit and credit hours
- Minimizing unnecessary stock wastage and facilitating maintenance of equipment
Providing quality patient care by
- Identifying and ensuring staff undergo department specific micro orientation
- Ensuring daily care rounds are conducted and investigating complaints
- Providing accurate, appropriate and adequate information to patients and family members during hospitalization
Providing effective risk management (SHEQ & infection control) by
- Monitoring and implementing preventative measures to minimize risk
- Comply with ISO requirements in order to facilitate infection control
Conducting effective relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- Identifying doctor’s preferences and stakeholders needs and implement in the working environment
- Applicants must be a qualified Registered Nurse with relevant experience in a hospital setup for at least 3 years.
- Experience of working in a Private Hospital is recommended.
- Must be registered with SANC.
- Must be flexible and be prepared to work shift hours
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organizational awareness
- Action orientation
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behavior
- Closing date
- Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.