Registerd Nurse Trauma Qualified
- Life Queenstown Private Hospital
- Registerd Nurse Trauma Qualified
A vacancy exists for a Registered Nurse based at Life Queenstown Private Hospital, reporting to Linda Cula, Unit Manager. The purpose of this role is to conduct nursing activities to ensure quality patient care.
- Critical Outputs
- Conduct basic duties as allocated by the Unit Manager.
- Ensuring that unit is run according to acceptable legal standards.
- Maintaining excellent patient and customer care in accordance with Life Healthcare standards.
- Maintaining sound relationships and communication with patients, relatives and the multi- disciplinary team.
- Building professional relationships with doctors and therapists to promote patient-doctor interaction.
- Maintaining all Health, Safety and Infection Control Standards.
- Assist the Unit Manager to manage the unit’s budget, incl. control and maintenance of equipment, pharmacy stock, under / over recovery, stock holding, and gross profit margins and debtors days.
- Assist with the effective management of the Ward Management System and CBT.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years working experienced in Trauma/ICU and be registered with SANC.
- Qualification in Trauma will be to your advantage.
- Competencies required: Strong customer orientation, team player, very energetic, well organized.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong inter-personal skills required.
- Must be willing to fulfil a role in the ward according to the flexi-hours system.
- Previous experience working within a Trauma Unit a prerequisite
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Engaging diversity
- Professional and technical proficiency
- Excellence orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Action orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- 045 808 4500
- Closing date
- Friday, January 17, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.