Regional Education Manager
- Education Manager
- Life College of Learning: East Rand Learning Centre
- Regional Education Manager
A vacancy exists for a Regional Education Manager based at Life College of Learning: East Rand Learning Centre reporting to the National Education Manager, Briony Berning. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and managing the activities of the Learning Centre and its nursing education programmes to ensure that competent and qualified nurses are available to meet regional needs.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensure all programmes presented are accredited with relevant legislated authorities.
- Agree regional student numbers and plan learning programmes and nurse educators accordingly.
- Effective marketing and recruitment of students.
- Ensure student selection according to standard recruitment process and selection criteria.
- Ensure student numbers are achieved by marketing the Life College of Learning appropriately.
- Ensure compliance to regulatory body requirements for registration of learners, exam entry requirement, and completion of training.
- Effective management of nursing and health science education programmes (theory and practical).
- Ensure effective professional socialisation, facilitation, learning and assessment to drive 96% student pass rate.
- Identify and market talented external students to the region for employment on completion of studies.
- Participate in curricula development.
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage the Learning Centre’s graduation ceremony annually.
- Effective people management.
- Demonstrate visible leadership in respect of Life Healthcare values, operating model and strategy.
- Effective relationship management with internal and external stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate and participate in various regional and nursing management meetings, clinical forums and participate in SRC and student meetings where necessary.
- Actively sponsor Life Healthcare initiatives and projects as they relate to the Learning Centre.
- Provide direction and inspire positive work behaviour within the Learning Centre.
- Recruit, retain, motivate and develop staff according to LHC people policies and practices.
- Effective financial management of the Learning Centre.
- Ensure administration related to payment of student fees is processed accordingly.
- Monitor and manage overheads of Learning Centre in an efficient manner together with regional management and with appropriate governance.
- Drive the Research agenda in the Learning Centre and Region.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing.
- Diploma or degree: Nursing Education and Management.
- At least five years’ experience in an education/facilitation position
- Current registration with South African Nursing Council.
- SANC Registration as an assessor and moderator.
- Sound knowledge of the education legislative environment with the focus on future changes.
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players.
- Computer proficiency (MS Teams, Word, Excel, PPP, Outlook and Learner Management System)
- Driver’s license and ability to travel.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- Financial Management Skills.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity.
- Verbal and written communication, facilitation & presentation skills.
- Influencing skills.
- Drive and energy.
- Excellence orientation and lead by example.
- Ethical behaviour.
- Building relationships and collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Customer responsiveness.
- Organisational awareness.
- Motivate and develop people.
- Change agent.
- Closing date
- Friday, January 21, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.