Regional Education Manager
- Head Office
- Regional Education Manager
A vacancy exists for a Regional Education Manager based at Life College of Learning: Pretoria Learning Centre reporting to the National Education Manager, Briony Berning. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and managing the activities of the Learning Centre and its nursing education programmes to ensure that competent and qualified nurses are available to meet regional needs.
- Critical Outputs
Learning Centre Accreditation
- Maintain current accreditation for undergraduate nursing qualifications and drive accreditation for post graduate qualifications with the relevant legislated authorities (SANC, CHE, DHET, SAQA).
- Effective financial management of the Learning Centre: annual budget planning.
- Ensure administration related to payment of student admin and tuition fees according to the Management of Tuition Fee Policy.
- Monitor and manage overheads of Learning Centre in an efficient manner together with regional management and with appropriate governance.
Excellence in undergraduate and postgraduate programme delivery
- Effective marketing, and selection of students to meet accredited student intake numbers and regional planned student numbers.
- Effective management of nursing education programmes (theory and clinical) at the Learning Centre to ensure that students meet their learning outcomes, develop into competent, independent qualified nurses and that student performance targets are achieved.
- Participate in curricula development and programme review.
Promote a Research Culture
- Drive the Research strategy in the Learning Centre and Region.
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage the Learning Centre’s graduation ceremony annually.
- Demonstrate visible leadership and stakeholder engagement in respect of the College strategy at the Learning Centre, in Clinical Practice and External Stakeholder meetings.
- Drive the employment of Learning Centre graduates in Life Healthcare.
- Effective co-ordination and management of the Bachelors funded students in the Region for relationship building with the students and to facilitate employment in Life Healthcare.
- Effective people management of Learning Centre staff.
- Effective Learning Centre resource management to meet programme delivery requirements (digital resources, infrastructure resources, library resources).
- Master’s Degree in Nursing.
- Diploma or degree: Nursing Education and Management.
- Experience: Five years’ experience in an education/facilitation position
- Current registration with South African Nursing Council.
- SANC Registration as an assessor and moderator.
- Sound knowledge of the education legislative environment with the focus on future changes.
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players.
- Computer proficiency (MS Teams, Word, Excel, PPP, Outlook and Learner Management System)
- Driver’s license and ability to travel.
- Leaderships skills
- Good interpersonal skills to support building relationships and collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Influencing skills
- Organisational and prioritisation skills
- Financial management skills
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal and written communication, facilitation & presentation skills.
- Excellence orientation and lead by example
- Ethical behaviour
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Motivate and develop people
- Change agent
- Drive, energy and resilience
- Closing date
- Wednesday, August 17, 2022
Please specify the position you are applying for when submitting your CV.
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Life Healthcare has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy in place which requires all employees to be COVID-19 vaccinated
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.