Regional Clinical Manager
- Coast East region
- Regional Clinical Manager
An exciting career opportunity has arisen for the position of Regional Clinical Manager: Coast East region (mainly Greater Durban area with occasional travel to Bloemfontein). The position reports jointly to the Regional Manager: Coast East and to Dr. Karisha Quarrie, Operations Manager: Clinical Directorate. The successful candidate will be based in the Regional Office in Durban.
The successful candidate will provide clinical leadership, facilitate our doctor engagement model, enhance clinical governance and work closely with the Regional Manager and Hospital Managers on clinical quality and clinical efficiency initiatives.
- Critical Outputs
Effective and credible clinical leadership, through:
- Providing clinical direction in line with the strategy from centre
- Strengthening local clinical governance in the region by engaging with Medical Advisory Committees and ensuring that Morbidity and Mortality meetings take place
- Managing clinical governance in the region by providing feedback to doctors on their clinical outcomes and efficiency measures
- Influencing antimicrobial usage in conjunction with infection control, pharmacy and nursing
- Influencing clinical conduct in line with evidence-based medicine and clinical outcome measures
- Implementing and driving clinical projects from centre
Effective doctor engagement, through:
- Communicating with doctors in the region in order to facilitate good relationships with funders
- Managing risk where it involves serious medico-legal incidents
- Influencing practitioners in respect of LHC formulary changes and equipment procurement choices
Effective operational engagement, through:
- Meeting with the regional team regularly to share clinical quality information
- Implementation of standards and clinical protocols used in hospitals
- Assisting in managing the relationship between the line managers and the doctors
- Compliance to legal and funder requirements e.g. prescriptions; discharge coding and summaries
- Implementing technology development and applications locally
- Participation in Life Healthcare Research and Ethics Committee functions through review of research proposals within Life Healthcare facilities.
- Full registration with the HPCSA as a medical practitioner is mandatory.
- Postgraduate qualifications will be an advantage
- Broad experience of South African clinical practice
- Knowledge of South African private health sector as well as South African Health legislation
- Previous local clinical leadership or clinical management experience
- Experience in successfully leading change management
- Computer proficiency
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Engaging diversity
- Influencing skills
- Commercial acumen
- Motivating and developing people
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Action orientation
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships & networking
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading by example
- Closing date
- Monday, October 26, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.