Regional Care Coordinator
- Head Office
- Regional Care Coordinator
A vacancy exist for Regional Care Coordinator’s based at Life Healthcare Head Office, reporting to the National Case Manager.
Life Healthcare has set an ambition to transform patient care by delivering patient-centric, holistic experiences that improve patient outcomes and efficiencies for the healthcare system. The Regional Care Coordination Manager position will take ownership for delivering the benefits of value-based care products to target patients at scale within their region. The Regional Care Coordinator will manage and coordinate Care Coordination resources, processes, and operations to achieve the quality, growth, and people objectives to ensure optimisation and profitability. Supporting and mentoring the Care Coordinators to reach critical outputs.
- Critical Outputs
Lead a group of Care Coordinators drive patient-centric care within the region and in specific facilities
- Coach Care Coordinators on core competencies and drive patient-centric culture in the facility/region
- Host weekly Care Coordinator feedback meetings to track KPIs and non-negotiables that translate product mission into frontline routines and behaviour
- Provide guidance to Care Coordinators on improvement processes
- Identify and remove impediments for Care Coordinators or escalate to Patient Services central team where appropriate
- Ensure adherence to the Care Coordination best-practice playbook within the region
- Drive alignment to overall business standards (incl. strategies, policies, standards, processes, etc.) and adherence to execution quality for Care Coordinators in the region. This includes disseminating best practices and learnings from Head Office Patient Services
- Flag common (digital or other) capability problems and address or escalate to relevant Product Owner
- Establish feedback loops and coaching to reinforce key Care Coordinator behaviour
- Ensure change is supported by a change process to ensure continued and improved productivity
Resource Care Coordinators and drive succession planning within region
- Maintain recruitment / succession plan for the region
- Recruit new Care Coordinators per plan (internal and external)
- Train and on-board new Care Coordinators in the region (internal and external) – ensuring the core values and mission of the product are adopted and reflected in the Care Coordinators’ approach to their work
Train and drive continuous professional development of Care Coordinators
- Support development of Care Coordinator training topics and materials
- Suggest talent retention strategies for region
- Execute Care Coordination training programs and learning & development initiatives
- Create clear performance management and feedback loops with direct reports
- Support Care Coordinators through joint performance management and rewards assessment cycle – link rewards to clear achievement of patient results
- Support peer-to-peer learning systems – e.g., annual Care Coordination Conference
- Acknowledge top performers
- Ensure poor performers are managed via the performance improvement process (PIP)
Articulate and embed the value-based care product mission to the operations
- Articulate the VBC product mission to the operations and doctors, generate buy-in & sponsorship
- Work with facility leadership to identify requirements, capabilities, and gaps to embed Care Coordination into the facility
Effective management of relationships with internal/external stakeholders
- Foster and maintain healthy relationships with internal stakeholders
- Provide relevant feedback and information on concerns or issues raised by internal stakeholders
- Ensure Care Coordinators comply with training regarding RSRT contracts to relevant internal stakeholders (e.g., pharmacy, pre-admission, and nursing staff)
- Build awareness of Life Renal Care Coordinator role with internal & external service providers.
- Coach Care Coordinators on relationship management and facilitation of effective MDT meetings including preparing patient notes, images etc. and organizing and recording the content of meetings.
- Coach Care Coordinators on major stakeholder management issues or questions
- Ensure effective and regular communication with external stakeholders
- Continuously monitor and measure processes to maintain and improve same
- Develop and maintain relationship with other stakeholders, e.g., doctors, funders, management, regional as well as centre.
- Degree/Diploma as a professional nurse with at least 10 years post basic, preferably renal or oncology trained or a Health Science Degree
- Current SANC registration or HPCSA, appropriate to relevant Medical Qualification.
- Knowledge of hospital patient services and billing processes
- Knowledge and understanding of CPT/CCSA & ICD coding
- Knowledge of funder contracts, scheme rules, exclusions, and benefits
- Knowledge or clear understanding of hospital industry and practices
- Computer proficiency
- Attention to detail
- Building relationships and Customer responsiveness
- Excellence orientation
- Organisational awareness
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Professional and technical proficiency
- Relationship building
- Verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Influencing (negotiation)
- Drive & energy
- Ethical behaviour
- Clinical credibility
- Patient-centric values and customer intimacy
- Results orientation, creativity, team leadership, adaptability
- Mature, dynamic, influential, and highly collaborative working style
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to be able to interface across clinical, operations and business stakeholders as well as multiple teams
- Understanding of change management, coaching, and addressing skills gaps across an organisation
- Strong thought leadership, team-oriented, passionate about developing others’ skills and capabilities
- Engaging diversity
- Closing date
- Wednesday, August 10, 2022
Please specify the position you are applying for when submitting your CV.
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Life Healthcare has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy in place which requires all employees to be COVID-19 vaccinated
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.