Quality Night Supervisor
- Vincent Pallotti Hospital
- Quality Night Supervisor
A vacancy exists for a Night Quality Supervisor based at Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital in Pinelands, Cape Town. This position reports to Charlene Jones, the Nursing Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and leading the provision of quality patient care during the night in support of hospital and nursing objectives of quality, growth and people.
- Critical Outputs
Effective quality management
- Communicating, supporting, coaching and monitoring of night staff in order to ensure a safe patient and staff environment
- Identifying clinical competence and addressing the concern with the line manager
- Participating and leading quality projects in order to support a culture of quality
Effective operations management
- Ensuring staff allocations are adequately assigned
- Understanding stock management processes in order to achieve unit targets
- Effectively managing unplanned events in order to ensure optimal utilization of resources
- Providing direction and inspiring positive work behaviour in order to keep staff motivated and productive
Effective relationship building with internal & external stakeholders
- Displaying visible leadership to night staff and management in order to ensure productive and motivated team work
Participating in meetings in order to ensure productive and meaningful relationships with external stakeholders
- A degree or diploma in nursing with 3 to 5 years proven leadership and management experience
- A post-graduate qualification in Management/Nursing Administration will be an advantage
- Current registration with SANC
- Relevant experience in nursing to meet the critical outputs
- Proven leadership and people management skills essential
- Basic understanding of labour legislation, financial and chain management principles
- Computer proficiency
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- (021) 506 4150
- Closing date
- Monday, August 12, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.