Qualified Post-Basic - Pharmacist Assistant
- Life West Coast Private Hospital
- Qualified Post-Basic - Pharmacist Assistant
A vacancy exists for a Qualified Post-Basic Pharmacist Assistant, based at Life West Coast Private Hospital, reporting to Elnette du Toit, Pharmacy Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the professional supply of medication to patients, wards and Theatre, as well as the procurement and handling of ethical and surgical stock.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensure effective medication safety management
- Accurate dispensing of medication to patients and complying with all legal, professional and procedural requirements pertaining to the dispensing of prescriptions.
- Reporting of pharmacy alerts and implementing remedial actions as needed.
- Processing of TTO’s and patient credits timeously Ensure effective quality management systems
- Participating in the implementation and compliance of LHC Quality management systems
- Ensuring compliance with SAPC, DOH and LHC legal and professional standards
- Participating in and implementing customer satisfaction and pharmacy quality initiatives Ensure effective asset management
- Participating in achieving stock targets and proactively managing stock
- Assisting with daily ordering of ethical stock when needed and ensuring correct purchasing thereof
- Receiving, checking and unpacking of stock, together with verifying orders against invoices
- Acquiring, controlling and distributing of stock to units within the hospital and processing of stock transfers as needed
- Performing monthly and quarterly stock counts, as well as capturing the count and investigating variances
- Replenishing of medication to the emergency cupboard
- Participating in pharmacy ethical dead stock reduction initiatives
- Achieving optimal system utilization Other
- Assisting with administrative function as identified within the pharmacy
- Current registration as a Qualified Post-Basic Pharmacist Assistant with the South African Pharmacy Council
- Experience in hospital pharmacy advantageous
- Understanding of pharmacy and related healthcare industry, legislation, regulation and challenges
- Pharmaceutical product knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure and within a diverse team
- Computer proficiency (MS Office)
- Available for weekend and public holiday duties on a rotational basis
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Planning and organising
- Resilience, engaging diversity, influencing
- Verbal & written communication skills and presentation
- Drive & energy and excellence orientation
- Attention to detail
- Building relationships/Team work
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness and ethical behavior
- Leading my example, motivating/developing people
Elnette du Toit
- 022 719 1030 ext 211/213
- Closing date
- Tuesday, April 23, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.