Psychologist – sessional
- Life Entabeni Hospital
- Psychologist – sessional
A vacancy exists for a sessional Clinical Psychologist at the Entabeni Acute Neurological Rehabilitation Unit. Reporting to the Therapy Services Coordinator, the successful applicant will be expected to work as part of a multidisciplinary, team offering quality service to rehab clients. Life Entabeni Rehab is part of an expanding network of rehabilitation units within Life Healthcare.
- Critical Outputs
- Evaluation, programme development and treatment of patients admitted to the unit.
- Assessment and management of cognitive and neuro psychological problems.
- Function effectively as a part of a multidisciplinary team to meet the requirements of quality
- patient care.
- Education of patients and their families about the patients’ condition.
- Participation in weekly team and family meetings.
- Active participation in continuing professional development activities of the unit.
- Building relationships with referring doctors and therapists.
- Applicants need to have a Master’s Degree in Psychology and be currently registered with HPCSA.
- Experience in treating children and adults with neurological disorders will be an advantage.
- It is essential to have an understanding of stroke, spinal cord injury and traumatic brain injury.
- Interpersonal relationship skills, team work, effective communication skills, leadership and performance orientation.
- Candidates will need to demonstrate commitment to quality patient care and customer Satisfaction.
- Closing date
- Monday, April 30, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.