Product Development Program Manager
- Head Office
- Head Office, JHB
- Product Development Program Manager
An exciting career opportunity has arisen for the position of Product Development Program Manager at Life Healthcare, Head Office, reporting to the Head of Product Development. This role will focus on managing the overall delivery of VBC clinical products. This aligns with our strategy to build capacity in the organisation to deliver on our Value based care mandate through products which drive value. Our ability to streamline our development process and shorten our time to market for clinical products is critical to enhancing our competitive advantage and solving the pain points of both patients and funders.
- Critical Outputs
Product development Scheduling
- Produce and maintain a master product schedule plan for all products in development.
Manage product timelines
- Oversee the development of a spectrum of clinical products within the organisation, monitoring and reporting on project progress, ensuring that they stay on schedule and new products are delivered on time.
- Produce detailed project plans which track Clinical products from conception to product review.
- Weekly and monthly product status reports for relevant stakeholders.
Co-ordinate core product team activities
- Oversee all aspects of execution of the development process while troubleshooting and finding solutions to problems which may delay product delivery.
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span across multiple lines of business
- Manage and deliver the project using the appropriate project management methodology (incl Agile)
- Manage the channels of engagement and communication between internal stakeholders involved in development and implementation of clinical products.
- Tertiary qualification in Business Management/ Project Management
- 5-10 years’ demonstrated experience in Programme management
- Project Management qualification (e.g. Prince 2, PMBOK)
- Proven experience in delivery of large / strategic projects
- Strong experience presenting to executive sponsors
- Healthcare operations experience is advantageous
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Results orientation
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team, with dynamic reporting lines and multiple stakeholders
- Critical thinking skills and out-of-the box thinking
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Closing date
- Tuesday, June 15, 2021
Candidate must be willing to gain a thorough knowledge of Compensation & Benefits in general as well as a good understanding of the Life Healthcare retirement funds. Customer focus and sound judgement skills are critical. Good organisational skills are essential.
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.