Privacy Administration Officer
- Illovo, Head Office
- Privacy Administration Officer
A vacancy exists for a Privacy Administration Officer based at Life Healthcare Illovo Head Office, reporting to the Group Privacy Officer. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Group Privacy Office and in ensuring delivery of the identified POPI requirements and compliance requirements for the Company.
- Critical Outputs
- Handle the project management work of the project, this involves setting up meetings interacting with stakeholders and ensuring they are engaged, currently the Privacy office had 3 types of meetings that need to be prepared for and packs prepared including POPI project Steering committee meetings, Weekly or Bi weekly working committee meetings as well as many ad hoc Business IM alignment meetings. About 35 Champions need to be held accountable for delivering over 400 tasks. All meetings to be recorded and action plans followed up on.
- The new regulations will require centralised administration that carries with it punitive and regulatory risks if the information in the organisation is not adequately controlled. Rules apply with timelines and deadlines in order not to fall foul of the law. Someone is needed with experience in implementing a centralised process for handling information requests and an ability to meet regulatory deadlines as required.
- A PI inventory needs to be built and thereafter the quality of data maintained if changes occur to processes or as new businesses are acquired. The person will be able to produce quality information inventories. A core function will be an accountability to adequately maintain the inventory we build as business processes evolve or change by interacting with various process owners in the business.
- Retention record rules are not standardised yet, with inconsistencies or no rules in place. Some retention rules are contradictory in different areas for the same forms, a library of retention rules compliant with legislation needs to be built and maintained. If inconsistencies are found, the correct retention periods or criteria need to be researched and the table needs to be corrected.
- Serve as a trainer to the business requires the ability to present confidently and independently.
- A number of new policies need to be written and current processes need to be updated this means and ability to create policies and then perform training around new processes.
- Carry out communication campaigns in conjunction with marketing which are very necessary and will improve group compliance due to improved awareness.
- Ability to influence and motivate people in a positive way and to ensure there is compliance with Governance processes we put in place.
- Conduct investigations in event of privacy breaches and audits for on-going compliance monitoring regarding privacy related matters. Investigation experience will be useful in this regard.
- Working with all organisation personnel involved with any aspect of release of protected information
- Legal or other relevant BCom degree or 3 to 5 years’ experience in working with the above areas
- Knowledge in project management principles will be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience in information privacy laws, access, release of information and company information policies and advantage
- A team player and experience in working across multifunctional teams
- Experience in working with and managing data is also helpful as an enabler
- Experience in policies and controls will be useful
- Knowledge around change control standards will also be advantageous
- Computer proficiency
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Verbal & written communication
- Action orientation
- Excellence orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Attention to detail
- Rule orientation
- Team player
- Closing date
- Wednesday, April 25, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.