Pre-Admissions Clinical Assessor
- Life Hilton Private Hospital
- Pre-Admissions Clinical Assessor
A vacancy exists for a Pre-Admissions Clinical Assessor, based at Hilton Private Hospital , reporting to the Finance & Administration Manager The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the financial and clinical administrative risks pertaining to future patient admissions.
- Critical Outputs
Manage pre-admission risk -
- Perform clinical assessments and document clinical history.
- Ensure all pre-admissions are accurately clinically coded in accordance with the coding standards
- Efficient and proactive pre-admission of all patients in accordance with Group protocol and close liaison with Case Management and National Credit Risk Departments to minimize risk exposure to the Hospital.
- Ensure high standard of documentation and capture of relevant information for all admissions through hands on supervision and training.
- Maintain a high level of customer focus amongst all staff at the Pre-Admission Clinic to the benefit of the Hospital, Public and Doctors.
- Optimal management of bed and theatre bookings through close liaison with ward and Doctor’s rooms
- Sound working knowledge and application of Funds relevant rules and limits.
- Manage authorisations requests and benefit confirmations i.e. prosthesis benefit confirmation
- Monitor insurance verification with funder
- Monitor workflow processes
- Identify and monitor gaps and risks and implement corrective actions accordingly.
Ensure effective management of quality outputs
- Adhere to ISO 9001 standards
- Perform quality walkabouts and implement corrective measures, where appropriate
- Implement and monitor quality improvement programmes through power teams
- Adhere to patient services escalation processes
- Monitor Q-evaluator score and implement corrective measures, where appropriate
- Investigate internal and external stakeholder complaints and take appropriate action
- Drive adherence to customer service standards
Ensure and promote operational excellence
- Drive compliance to LHC policies regarding authorisations and deviations
- Implement corrective actions, where necessary
- Monitor reports
- Monitor and adhere to patient services policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance to service level agreements with internal and external stakeholders
Ensure effective management of relationships with internal/external stakeholders
- Foster and maintain healthy relationships with internal stakeholders
- Provide relevant feedback and information on concerns or issues raised by internal stakeholders
- Implement corrective actions on deviations directly impacting on case management processes
- Monitor of and advice on effective and regular communication with external stakeholders
- Manage escalated concerns from Case Managers with external stakeholders
- Nursing Qualification, Professional Nurse with at least three to five years’ experience
- Current SANC registration
- Knowledge of hospital patient services and case management processes
- Knowledge and understanding of CPT & ICD coding
- Knowledge of Funder contracts, scheme rules, exclusions and benefits
- Understanding of private hospital industry and practices
- Computer proficiency
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading my example (Key for Managers)
- Motivating and developing people (Key for Managers)
- Closing date
- Tuesday, September 17, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.