Post Basic Pharmacist Assistant Qualified
- Life Hilton Private Hospital
- Post Basic Pharmacist Assistant Qualified
A vacancy exists for a Pharmacist Assistant (Post-Basic Qualified), based at Life Hilton Private Hospital, reporting to the Pharmacy Manager. The ideal incumbent should be highly motivated, enthusiastic and work well in a team.
- Critical Outputs
- Receiving, checking and unpacking stock, together with checking orders against invoices.
- Acquisition, control and distribution of stock to internal units.
- Ordering pharmaceutical stock, processing of credits and stock transfers.
- Performing cycle counts and stock takes as well as capturing stock takes, investigating variances.
- Liaise with nursing staff and doctors re formulary and initiatives.
- Participate in facility’s quality programmes and initiatives.
- Dispensing, compounding under supervision of a pharmacist.
- Replacement of medication to the emergency cupboard.
- Dead stock management.
- Assist with other admin functions on a daily basis.
- Assist with daily ordering and management of stock
- Retail dispensing and cash up
- Registration as a Post Basic Pharmacist Assistant with the South African Pharmacy Council.
- Experience in a hospital pharmacy, especially a Life Healthcare Hospital, would be an advantage.
- Computer literacy is an essential requirement and knowledge of iMeds/Unisolv would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and in a team.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Closing date
- Friday, July 20, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.