Porter - Pharmacy
- Life Flora Hospital
- Porter - Pharmacy
A vacancy exists for a Pharmacy Porter based at Life Flora Hospital, reporting to Lynne Kok, Senior Pharmacist. The successful candidate will contribute to the effective functioning and co-ordination of stock for all the wards in the hospital and will be part of a professional team that is continuously striving for the highest standards of quality in healthcare
- Critical Outputs
- To collect and record all prescription cards, credits and requisitions from the wards.
- To record and deliver ethical and surgical stock to wards safely, securely and timeously.
- To receive and check stock against invoices including unpacking stock.
- Assist with lifting and picking of stock /boxes for distribution to wards/theatres.
- Check expiry dates of all stock items systematically & perform stock rotation.
- Maintenance of the Pharmacy including cleanliness and neatness of the Pharmacy.
- Involvement with Stock take and cycle counts.
- Reconcile proof of delivery with internal ward orders.
- Reconciliation of orders against invoices.
- General administrative functions as requested
- Grade 12
- Willingness to work shifts, after hours as well as weekends
- Computer proficiency (MS office )
- Relevant work experience in hospital pharmacy is important.
- Knowledge of systems (iMeds) will be an advantage.
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage.
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- 011 470 7737
- Closing date
- Monday, April 15, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.