PORTER (ON DEMAND)
- Life West Coast Private Hospital
- PORTER (ON DEMAND)
A vacancy exists for a Porter on demand (as and when required). You will be based at Life West Coast Private Hospital, Vredenburg, reporting to the Engineering Manager. The successful candidate will be adding value to the smooth flow of daily operations of the hospital, in support of the shared Life Healthcare goals of growth, efficiency, sustainability and quality.
- Critical Outputs
- Accompany new patients from Reception and Trauma unit for admission in the wards.
- Transferring patients to and from wards/other departments i.e. Theatre, X-rays and doctor’s rooms.
- Assist nurses with mobilizing and turning of heavy patients.
- Moving equipment, beds and furniture between wards/units when needed.
- Take emergency blood samples to Pathology.
- Assist with translating to Xhosa patients.
- Dealing with distributing mail from and to Hospital Manager office, Reception and wards.
- Transferring files, specimen samples and pharmacy boxes to different parts of the hospital.
- In some circumstances the porter will assist with security i.e. dealing with difficult visitors or family.
- Taking items in need of repair/replacement to Maintenance department.
- Assist with answering the phone in the General Ward during busy times.
- Assist patients, staff and doctors, adding to the smooth flow of daily operations
- Grade 12
- Ability to fluently communicate in Afrikaans and English will be advantageous
- Experience as a porter in a hospital environment would be an advantage
- Ability to work shifts, including night shift, public holiday and weekends when required
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behavior
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organizational awareness
- 022 719 1030 ext 289
- Closing date
- Friday, February 26, 2021
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.