- Life Bedford Gardens Hospital
A vacancy exists for a Porter, based at Life Westville Hospital reporting to Trevino Pothaiah, Admission Supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring delivery of uncompromising quality care in line with Company strategic objectives and applicable Health /Nursing legislation.
- Critical Outputs
- Professional interaction with clients
- Transport patients from reception to wards and vice versa.
- Transport patients from wards to doctor’s rooms & X-rays and other allied health professional rooms.
- Assist patients with their luggage on admission or discharge.
- Check Wheelchairs for cleanliness and whether in need of repairs (maintain good working condition).
- Assist in the making of work related photocopies and patient files and folders
- Distribution of Memo’s and documents to the wards, Doctors rooms and Allied professionals
- Collection of stationary and stock for the department
- Matric - Grade 12
- An enthusiastic, motivated, Punctual & well organised individual with initiative and ability to handle pressure. Must be able to work shifts (day or night) and overtime as required.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Own or reliable transport due to the nature of shift work
- Bilingual with Proficiency in English, both verbal and written and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to push heavy individuals in wheel chairs, beds or assist heavy patients in or out of vehicles.
- Experience in a hospital environment and the transportation of ill or invalid persons would be preferred
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal and written communication
- Drive and energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Organisational awareness
- Leading by example
- Motivating and developing people
- Customer responsiveness
- Closing date
- Tuesday, May 10, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy.
Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.