- Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital
- Planning Radiotherapist
An exciting vacancy exists for a Radiotherapist, with extensive planning experience, within Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital Oncology Centre, reporting to the Senior Radiotherapist. The successful candidate will be responsible for rendering a quality clinical radiotherapy service, which is effective and efficient.
Our Oncology Centre has a Varian Novalis TX Linear Accelerator installed with ExacTrac from Brainlab. This machine is capable of Stereotactic RadioSurgery (SRS) and Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT), and we are spoilt for choice with both a Varian Eclipse planning system as well as iPlan from Brainlab. We also have the capabilities for gating and treat our left breast cancer patients with deep inspiration breath hold (DIBH).
- Critical Outputs
- Deliver a high quality radiotherapy service that complies with required quality assurance standards
- Establish and maintain a quality assurance program ensuring that prescribed standards are met at all times
- Ensure that all equipment and machines related to the scope are maintained to the relevant standards
- Participation in the client and associated programs auditing systems and ensuring legal compliance
- Ensuring the total satisfaction of our clients through continuous improvement and added value.
- Ensuring compliance with ISO 9001:2008 including Life Healthcare internal and external audits
- Registration with HPCSA as a Radiographer: Independent Practice (Therapy)
- Minimum, 3 year National Diploma in Radiation Therapy
- Must be computer literate
- Planning experience a pre-requisite
- Experience with VMAT/IMRT and stereotactic radiosurgery planning is preferable
- iPlan and Eclipse experience would be advantageous
- Must be able to working in Planning and on the Linac
- A candidate who is a team player, results-orientated, hard-working with good communication skills and customer orientated will be most suitable for this position
- The successful candidate must be willing to teach
- Flexibilty is an essential requirement, as per the needs of the unit
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Be able to work in a team
- Treat patients and staff with empathy
- 021 506 4150
- 086 522 7850
- Closing date
- Monday, May 27, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.