- Life Eugene Marais Hospital
A Vacancy exists for a Physiotherapist in the Rehabilitation Unit based at Life Eugene Marais Hospital, reporting to the Therapy Services Co-ordinator. Life Rehabilitation at the Eugene Marais Hospital is part of an expanding network of rehabilitation units within Life Healthcare Group.
- Critical Outputs
- Evaluation, program development and treatment of patients admitted to the unit.
- Assessment and treatment of patients with neurological disorders such as traumatic brain injuries and strokes.
- Assessment and treatment of patients with spinal cord injuries, poly trauma and joint replacements.
- Function effectively as a part of an interdisciplinary team to meet the requirements of quality patient care.
- Education of patients and their families about the patient’s condition.
- Participation in weekly team and family meetings.
- Active participation in continuous professional development activities of the unit.
- Supervision and training of university students.
- Building relationships with referring doctors and therapists.
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification.
- Applicants need to have a Degree in Physiotherapy and currently be registered with HPCSA.
- Assessment and treatment of physical and functional impairments using world standard outcome measures
- Participate in prescription of assistive devices.
Education of patients and their families about the patient’s condition
- Ability to work under pressure in a challenging environment.
- Experience in treating adults with neurological and spinal cord disorders will be a strong advantage.
- It is essential to have an understanding of stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injuries and joint replacement therapy.
- NDT, seating and spinal cord injury training will be an advantage.
- The candidate will need to demonstrate commitment to quality patient care and customer satisfaction
- Building relationships with referring doctors and therapists; and creating a positive, learning environment within the unit
- Team Player
- Excellent verbal & Written communication
- Action oriented
- Customer responsiveness
- Deadline driven
- Ethical behaviour
- Engaging diversity
- Drive & energy
- Closing date
- Thursday, October 31, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.