- Life Entabeni Hospital
- Physiotherapist X2
X2 permanent Physiotherapist vacancy exists at the Entabeni Rehabilitation Unit. The successful applicants are expected to work as part of an interdisciplinary team, offering quality service to our clients and reporting to the Therapy Services Coordinator. Life Entabeni Rehabilitation is part of an expanding network of acute rehabilitation units within Life Healthcare.
- Critical Outputs
- Evaluation, program development and treatment of patients admitted to the unit.
- Assessment and creating planning of individual clinical treatment pathways for patients, treatment of physical, functional and cognitive deficits
- Function effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team to meet the requirements of quality patient care.
- Education of patients and their families about the patient’s condition.
- Participation in weekly team and family meetings.
- Active participation in continuing professional development activities of the unit.
- Supervision and training of, therapy assistants, and other subordinates
- Building relationships with referring doctors and therapists.
- Understands the private healthcare industry, and relevant legislation, challenges and role players
- Effective communication skills, leadership and performance orientation and able to work within an interdisciplinary setting
- Applicants must have a degree in Physiotherapist, and must have current registration with the HPCSA.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in treating adults and children with neurological disorders will be an advantage.
- Experience and interest in management and treatment in paediatric rehabilitation will be an advantage
- Recognised further training within their profession in the field will be an advantage
- It is essential to have an understanding of stroke, traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury.
- Excellent Interpersonal relationship skills, and understanding of interdisciplinary teamwork,
- Candidate will need to demonstrate commitment to quality patient care and customer satisfaction/experience.
- Closing date
- Sunday, August 7, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy. Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.