Pharmacy Stock Controller
- Life Flora Hospital
- Pharmacy Stock Controller
A vacancy exists for a Stock Controller based at Life Flora Hospital, reporting to Elize Lundt, Inventory Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring quality pharmaceutical services, financial objectives, legislative compliance and people management requirements are achieved to the required standards. A key part of the role will be ensuring optimal stock management in all units through effective interdepartmental liaising, communication and administrative support to the pharmacy team.
- Critical Outputs
- Participate in the implementation and compliance to LHC Quality management systems and work procedures
- Participate in achieving required customer service levels in theatre and wards
- Participate in the active management of cost of sales of pharmaceuticals in line with revenue and budget
- Build effective working relationship with doctors and nursing staff
- Manage product complaints for surgical and consumable stock
- Participate in achieving stock targets: stock cover, dead stock, expiry dates, stock adjustments as well as gross and net variances with stock take
- Performing cycle counts and stock takes, as well as the capturing of stock takes and the investigating of variances.
- Participate in achieving hospital budgeted financial measures relating to pharmacy
- Communicate product and supplier changes or “out of stock” to relevant pharmacy and inventory staff, nursing and doctors.
- General administrative functions as requested.
- Grade 12
- Sound knowledge of and experience in stock control for at least 2 years in a hospital environment.
- Computer proficiency and exposure to an on-line computer system.
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage. Hospital experience and knowledge of stock systems is a requirement as well as hospital stock control experience required.
- A person who is result orientated, pays attention to detail, has excellent interpersonal as well as communication skills is needed.
- Customer focus, a commitment towards continuous improvement, the ability to work independently and the management of time is required.
- Willingness to work overtime, afterhours and possibly weekends also required.
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Ethical behaviour
- Action orientation
- Excellence orientation
- Organisational awareness
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Drive & energy
- Closing date
- Friday, October 15, 2021
*We will no longer be accepting emailed or hand delivered CV’s
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.