- Life Fourways Hospital
- Pharmacy Manager
A vacancy exists for a Pharmacy Manager based at Life Fourways Hospital, reporting to Carey MacColl, Hospital Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading, managing, coordinating, monitoring, and driving improvement in the provision of a customer focused professional pharmacy service within the Hospital, in line with hospital and company strategic objectives.
- Critical Outputs
Effective governance and medication risk management
- Implement Pharmacy best operating practice related to medication safety management;
- Ensure compliance with SAPC, DOH and LHC legal and professional standards.
Effective quality management
- Drive enhanced performance in the Antimicrobial Stewardship and Clinical Pharmacy Programs in the hospital;
- Drive optimised implementation of and compliance to the LHC quality management system;
- Achieve required customer service levels, and drive continuous improvement.
Effective financial and asset management
- Achieve hospital budgeted financial measures relating to pharmacy;
- Actively manage the cost of sales of pharmaceuticals in line with revenue and budget;
- Implement LHC pharmaceutical product conversions and cost efficiency opportunities;
- Identify and implement initiatives to enhance cost effective care provision with optimal patient outcomes;
- Build effective working relationships with doctors and the multifunctional hospital team;
- Drive identified growth, sustainability and process efficiency initiatives;
- Achieve stock management targets.
Effective people management
- Demonstrate visible leadership aligned to the company values, operating model and strategy;
- Recruit, retain, motivate and develop pharmacy staff;
- Manage optimal performance of pharmacy staff to ensure delivery of critical outputs;
- Provide direction and inspire positive work behaviour in the team.
- B.Pharm / Dip.Pharm, and current registration with the South African Pharmacy Council
- At least 5 years’ private hospital experienceUnderstanding of relevant legislation, operating structures and relationships within a hospital environment
- Proven leadership and people management experience
Computer proficiency (MS office)
- Pass verification assessment (i.e. Criminal check etc.)
Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination policy in place which requires all employees to be Covid-19 vaccinated.
- Strategic thinking
- Leading by example
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Resilience, drive and energy
- Engaging diversity
- Influencing skills
- Business insight
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships and networking
- Customer responsiveness
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Motivating and developing people
- Closing date
- Tuesday, May 10, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy.
Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.