Pharmacy Courier (Porter)
- Life Cosmos Hospital
- Pharmacy Courier (Porter)
A vacancy exists for a Pharmacy Courier, based at Life Cosmos Hospital, Mpumalanga, reporting to Sisa Luphahla, Pharmacy Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that prescriptions and stock is delivered timeously to the units.
- Critical Outputs
- To collect prescription charts from the wards and deliver to Pharmacy.
- To deliver filled prescriptions and ward stock from the Pharmacy to the wards.
- To document and track all transactions to and from the wards.
- To pack stock into designated bins.
- To assist with cycle counts.
- To assist with packing credits into designated bins.
- To maintain a safe and secure work environment ensuring that safety and security standards are met.
- Completing tasks as designated by the Pharmacy Manager.
- Maintain cleanliness and hygiene standards of the unit.
- Comply with ISO requirements in order to facilitate infection control
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Applicant must be in possession of a Matric Certificate with literacy and numeracy efficiencies
- A working knowledge of receiving and checking stock in a Pharmacy
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team
- Knowledge of iMeds will be an advantage
- Pharmacy experience essential
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- 013 653 8045
- 086 206 4672
- Closing date
- Thursday, August 18, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy.
Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.