- Life Westville Hospital
A vacancy exists for a Pharmacist at Life Westville Hospital, in the KZN Region, reporting to the Pharmacy Manager. The job entails the professional supply of medication to patients, wards and Theatre, as well as the procurement and handling of ethical and surgical stock.
- Critical Outputs
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Dispensing to patients in hospital and retail Pharmacy.
- Ward dispensing of prescriptions.
- Liaise with nursing staff and doctors regarding formulary and medical queries.
- Reconstitution of chemotherapeutic drugs Acquisition, control and distribution of stock.
- Stock take and cycle counts.
- Involvement with ward pharmacy, i.e. follow up non-recoverable's, under/over recoveries, dead stock and stock cover.
- Ordering of ethical stock & issue of stock to wards, theatre &patients.
- Processing of credits and stock transfers.
- The successful candidate will be required to be available for weekend and public holiday duties on a rotational basis and required to be available weekdays to work shifts from 7h30am to 7pm, on a rotational basis.
- Required is a pharmacist with hospital experience and /or retail experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are very important as good relationships with doctors, hospital staff and suppliers are essential.
- Computer literacy is essential.
- A figure orientated person, with high attention to detail and strong performance orientation complete the profile of the ideal candidate.
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Team player, very energetic, well organised and punctual.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment
- 086 687 3124
- Closing date
- Tuesday, April 17, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.