- Life Rosepark Hospital
A vacancy exists for a Pharmacist based at Life Rosepark Hospital and Life Pasteur Hospital (Bloemfontein- Free State) reporting to the Hospital Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the quality pharmaceutical services, financial objectives, legislative compliance and people management requirements are achieved to the required standards.
- Critical Outputs
- Dispensing of medication to both in-hospital and retail patients.
- Effective medication safety management - report 100% of medication incidents and develop and implement remedial actions as appropriate; report 100% of pharmacy alerts and develop and implement remedial action and complete a trends analysis quarterly
- Effective quality management systems - participate in the implementation and compliance to LHC quality management systems; Ensure compliance with SAPC, DOH and LHC legal and professional standards; participate in achieving required customer service levels in the pharmacy and wards; implement pharmacy quality initiatives
- Effective financial management - participate in achieving hospital budgeted financial measures relating to pharmacy
- Effective product management - participate in the active management of cost of sales of pharmaceuticals in line with revenue and budget; contribute to product conversion and utilization in keeping with the Excellence for Life initiative, build effective working relationships with doctors and suppliers, achieve optimal system utilisation, section 21 stock management
- Effective asset management - actively participate in achieving stock control/targets;
- Effective people management - participate in Pharmacist Assistant programmes as appropriate
- Involvement in the AMS programme including daily ward rounds
- Performing on call, late shift, weekend and public holiday duties as per duty roster.
- Pharm / Dip.Pharm / B.Sc Pharm
- Registered as a pharmacist with the SAPC
- Relevant clinical knowledge and experience to the critical outputs
- Hospital related experience will be advantageous.
- Current registration with South African Pharmacy Council
- Understanding of pharmacy and related healthcare industry, legislation, regulation and challenges
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical legislation
- Pharmaceutical product knowledge
- Computer proficiency
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Motivating and developing people
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Action orientation
- Good interpersonal skills
- 051 505 5519
- Closing date
- Friday, June 18, 2021
*We will no longer be accepting hand delivered CV’s
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.