- Life Westville Hospital
A vacancy exists for a Pharmacist at Life Westville Hospital, reporting to the Senior Pharmacist. The job entails the professional supply of medication to patients, wards and Theatre, as well as the procurement and handling of ethical and surgical stock
- Critical Outputs
- Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Dispensing to patients in hospital and retail Pharmacy.
- Liaise with nursing staff and doctors regarding formulary and medical queries.
- Reconstitution of chemotherapeutic drugs
- Acquisition, control and distribution of stock.
- Stock take and cycle counts.
- Involvement with ward pharmacy, i.e. follow up non-recoverables, under/over recoveries, dead stock and stock cover.
- Ordering of ethical stock & issue of stock to wards, theatre &patients.
- Processing of credits and stock transfers.
- Report 100% of medication incidents and pharmacy alerts.
- Ensure compliance with SAPC, DOH and LHC legal and professional standards
- B.Pharm/ B.Sc Pharm Degree
- Current registration with South African Pharmacy Council
- The successful candidate will be required to be available for weekend and public holiday duties on a rotational basis and required to be available weekdays to work shifts from 7h30am to 7pm, on a rotational basis.
- Required is a pharmacist with hospital experience and /or retail experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are very important as good relationships with doctors, hospital staff and suppliers are essential.
- Computer literacy is essential.
- A figure orientated person, with high attention to detail and strong performance orientation.
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Building relationships
- Influencing skills
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Team player, very energetic, well organised and punctual.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment
- Closing date
- Wednesday, May 11, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy.
Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.