- Life Groenkloof Hospital
A vacancy exists for a Full-time Pharmacists at the Life Groenkloof Hospital situated in Pretoria, reporting to the Senior Pharmacist.
- Critical Outputs
- Profit responsibility ( together with the Pharmacy Manager) with specific emphasis on increasing margins.
- Dispensing of hospital and retail prescriptions
- Issue of stock to wards, theatre and patients.
- Liaise with nursing staff and doctors re: formulary and medical queries.
- Acquisition, control and distribution of stock and maintaining efficient stock levels.
- Stock take, cycle counts and inventory control.
- Involvement with ward pharmacy i.e. follow up on non-recoverables, under/over recoveries, dead stock and stock cover.
- Clinical Pharmacy.
- Involvement with training.
- The successful candidate must be registered with the SA Pharmacy Council as a Pharmacist .
- The candidate will be required to be available to work shifts, on a rotational basis and be available for standby duty and after hours call as well as weekend duties on a rotational basis.
- Required is a pharmacist with hospital or retail experience. Excellent interpersonal skills are very important as good relationships with patients, doctors, hospital staff and suppliers are essential.
- Computer literacy is essential. A figure orientated person, with high attention to detail and strong performance orientation complete the profile of the ideal candidate
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading my example (Key for Managers)
- Motivating and developing people(Key for Managers)
- Closing date
- Wednesday, July 6, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy. Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.