- Life Fourways Hospital
A vacancy exists for a Pharmacist based at Life Fourways Hospital, reporting to Chido Chauke Pharmacy Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the quality pharmaceutical services, financial objectives, legislative compliance and people management requirements are achieved to the required standards.
- Critical Outputs
Effective medication safety management
- Report 100% of medication incidents and develop and implement remedial actions as appropriate.
- Report 100% of pharmacy alerts and develop and implement remedial action and complete a trends' analysis quarterly.
Effective quality management systems
- Participate in the implementation and compliance of LHC Quality management systems.
- Ensure compliance with SAPC, DOH and LHC legal and professional standards.
- Participate in achieving required customer service levels in theatre and wards.
- Implement customer satisfaction and pharmacy quality initiatives.
Effective financial management
- Participate in achieving hospital budgeted financial measures relating to pharmacy.
Effective product management
- Participate in the active management of cost of sales of pharmaceuticals in line with revenue and budget – Domino project.
- Build effective working relationships with doctors.
Effective asset management
- Participate in achieving stock targets.
- Achieve optimal system utilisation.
Effective people management
- Participate in Pharmacist Intern and Pharmacist Assistant programmes as appropriate.
- Attend to retail pharmacy patients and customers as part of the pharmacy dispensing team
- Actively participate in AMS interventions and interactions in line with AMS hospital and group focus
- Actively participate in clinical interventions and interactions in line with Clinical pharmacy hospital and group focus.
- B.Pharm / Dip.Pharm / B.Sc. Pharm
- Relevant clinical knowledge and experience to the critical outputs
- Current registration with South African Pharmacy Council
- Understanding of pharmacy and related healthcare industry, legislation, regulation and challenges
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical legislation
- Pharmaceutical product knowledge
- Computer proficiency (MS Office)
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Action orientation
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Motivating and developing people
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Closing date
- Friday, May 7, 2021
NB: indicate position in the subject line of the email.
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.