- Life Beacon Bay Hospital
A vacancy exists for a Pharmacist based at Life Beacon Bay Hospital, reporting to Jenny Fietze. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the quality pharmaceutical services, financial objectives, legislative compliance and people management requirements are achieved to the required standards. The successful candidate would be required to actively participate in oncology mixing, clinical rounds and antimicrobial stewardship.
- Critical Outputs
Effective medication safety management
- Report 100% of medication incidents and develop and implement remedial actions as appropriate.
- Report 100% of pharmacy alerts and develop and implement remedial action and complete a trends analysis quarterly.
Effective quality management systems
- Participate in the implementation and compliance to LHC Quality management systems.
- Ensure compliance with SAPC, DOH and LHC legal and professional standards.
- Participate in achieving required customer service levels in theatre and wards.
- Implement customer satisfaction and pharmacy quality initiatives.
Effective financial management
- Participate in achieving hospital budgeted financial measures relating to pharmacy.
Effective product management
- Participate in the active management of cost of sales of pharmaceuticals in line with revenue and budget.
- Build effective working relationships with doctors.
Effective asset management
- Participate in achieving stock targets.
- Achieve optimal system utilisation.
Effective people management
- Participate in Pharmacist Intern and Pharmacist Assistant programmes as appropriate.
- Pharm / Dip.Pharm / B.Sc Pharm
- Relevant clinical knowledge and experience to the critical outputs
- Current registration with South African Pharmacy Council
- Understanding of pharmacy and related healthcare industry, legislation, regulation and challenges
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical legislation
- Pharmaceutical product knowledge
- Computer proficiency (MS office)
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Motivating and developing people
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Action orientation
- Closing date
- Tuesday, September 21, 2021
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.