- Life Westville Hospital
- Pharmacist Assistant
A vacancy exists for a Post Basic Pharmacist Assistant in the KZN Region, reporting to the Senior Pharmacist. The job entails the professional supply of medication to patients, wards and theatre, as well as the procurement and handling of ethical and surgical stock.
- Critical Outputs
- Processing of prescriptions to hospital and retail patients as well as processing in-patient credits.
- Perform duties as per scope of practice including dispensing under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist as prescribed by the SA Pharmacy council.
- Issuing of ward stock to wards, theatre and clinics.
- Replacement of medication to the emergency cupboard.
- Performing daily cycle counts and quarterly stock takes with variance investigation & maintaining statistics.
- Admin functions on a daily basis
- Ordering of ethical stock & deadstock management.
- Qualification as Post Basic Pharmacist assistant and registration with the Pharmacy council
- Hospital experience with Retail experience advantageous
- Knowledge and understanding of pharmacy legislation and regulatory framework
- Computer proficiency (CKS/Unisolve , Excel, MS Office)
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and in a team.
- Good communication and professional relationship skills
- The successful candidate will be required to be available for weekend and public holiday duties on a rotational basis and required to be available weekdays to work shifts from 7h30am to 7pm, on a rotational basis.
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behavior
- Team player, very energetic, well organized and punctual.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment
- Closing date
- Friday, October 23, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.