Pharmacist Assistant – Post Basic
- Life Bay View Private Hospital
- Pharmacist Assistant – Post Basic
A vacancy exists for a Pharmacist Assistant – Post Basic Qualified in Pharmacy based at Life Bay View Hospital, reporting to Tania Labuschagne, Pharmacy Manager.
- Critical Outputs
- Receiving, checking and unpacking stock, together with checking orders against invoices
- Acquisition, control and distribution of stock to internal units
- Ordering pharmaceutical stock, processing of stock credits and stock transfers
- Performing cycle counts and stock counts, including capturing of stock counts and investigating variances
- Liaise with nursing staff regarding formulary changes and other initiatives
- Dispensing and compounding for hospital and retail under pharmacist supervision
- Replenishment of Emergency Cupboard stock
- Management of dead stock and short dated stock
- Assist with other admin functions on a daily basis
- Assist with daily ordering and management of stock
- Assist with Retail Pharmacy processes when necessary
- Registration as a post-basic Pharmacist Assistant with SAPC
- Experience in a hospital pharmacy would be advantageous
- Experience in a Retail environment will also be advantageous
- Computer literacy – proficient in MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure effective team building with doctors and hospital personnel
- Ability to work consistently under pressure and in a team
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Action orientation
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- 086 683 6827
- Closing date
- Saturday, July 21, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.