Pharmacist Assistant Learner Basic – HWSETA
- Life Bedford Gardens Hospital
- Pharmacist Assistant Learner Basic – HWSETA
A fixed term vacancy exists for an unemployed person for the above position at Life Bedford Gardens Hospital starting on the 1st of April 2020 and ending on the 31st of March 2021.
The successful candidate will contribute to effective functioning and co-ordination of the Pharmacy and will report to the Senior Pharmacist & Tutor.
- Critical Outputs
- Supplying of medication to the wards and theatre on requisitions and assist with
- management of all pharmaceuticals within the hospital under supervision of a pharmacist
- Controlling inventory (ethical and surgical)
- Assisting in aggressively managing dead stock in the hospital
- Stock-take, cycle counts and investigation of variances
- Processing of patient credits
- Replenishing the emergency cupboard
- Unpacking ethical and surgical stock, checking expiries and invoices
- Ensuring that the security protocols are adhered to
- Maintaining high ethical and professional standards
- Grade 12 with Mathematics and Science
- Must be unemployed
- Computer literacy
- Good organizational skills are essential, as well as teamwork and strong customer orientation.
- Other competencies required are an ability to work under pressure as part of a team, excellent communication skills and precise and meticulous work
- Service-orientated personality
- All candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be required to write an entrance test.
- All successful candidates will then be interviewed
- Closing date
- Wednesday, December 18, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.