- Life Eugene Marais Hospital
Vacancies exists for Pharmacists at the Life Eugene Marais Hospital situated in Pretoria, reporting to the Pharmacy Manager.
- Critical Outputs
- Profit responsibility (together with the Pharmacy Manager) with specific emphasis on increasing margins.
- Dispensing of hospital and retail prescriptions Issue of stock to wards, theatre and patients.
- Liaise with nursing staff and doctors re: formulary and medical queries.
- Acquisition, control and distribution of stock and maintaining efficient stock levels.
- Stock take, cycle counts and inventory control.
- Involvement with ward pharmacy i.e. follow up on non-recoverables, under/over recoveries, dead stock and stock cover.
- Clinical Pharmacy.
- Involvement with training.
- The successful candidate must be registered with the SA Pharmacy Council as a Pharmacist .
- The candidate will be required to be available to work shifts, on a rotational basis and be available for standby duty and after hours call as well as weekend duties on a rotational basis.
- Required is a pharmacist with hospital or retail experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are very important as good relationships with patients, doctors, hospital staff and suppliers are essential.
- Computer literacy is essential.
- A figure orientated person, with high attention to detail and strong performance orientation complete the profile of the ideal candidate
- Closing date
- Saturday, June 16, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.