Patient Services Specialist
- Patient services
- Head Office, Illovo
- Patient Services Specialist
A vacancy exists for a Patient Services Specialist, based at Head Office, reporting to the National Clinical Coding and Case Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering on the patient services strategy, sustaining best operating practices. Supporting and mentoring the Hospital Patient Service teams to reach the Critical Outputs.
- Critical Outputs
Ensure effective quality management and customer care by
- Monitoring and improving quality metrics
- Managing data integrity and compliance to Life working procedures
- Developing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders
- Deliver appropriate information to the business to facilitate the decision making process and support management.
Ensure effective people management by
- Demonstrating visible leadership skills in respect of Life values, operating models and strategies in order to support diversity and transformation
- Actively leading meetings and ensure participation of all members in order to ensure ISO compliance
- Ensuring appropriately qualified and experienced staff members are recruited to fill approved vacancies in accordance with the company’s transformation objectives
- Providing direction and inspiration to ensure staff are motivated and productive
- Developing and reviewing training plans that are compliant to Life’s WSP requirements in order to enable talent development
- Facilitate the management of the performance of staff through the performance improvement process
- Facilitate productive working relationships with minimum IR issues
- Ensuring all exit interviews are conducted in order to ensure the retention of staff,
- Investigate high attrition rates by surveys , analysis of leaver reasons and mitigation of risk for critical skills
- Managing people in a manner that respects diversity and ensures a fair work-life balance to ensure employee wellness
Ensure effective and accurate billing by
- Driving the accurate and timeous billing process to ensure DSO and Shaka targets are achieved
- Managing the bill auditing process in order to achieve accurate billing data
- Ensuring compliance with the clinical code of conduct to ensure the accurate interpretation of a patient event
Ensure effective interpretation & application of contracts and funder rules by
- Managing the admissions department to ensure that they comply with the funder rules
- Managing the collection of outstanding co-payments from patients
- Reducing and managing the risk associated with RSRT’s by making recommendations regarding patient based data.
- Perform audits on the billing and coding with feedback to business on findings and recommendations
Facilitating effective cash flow management by
- Implementing processes from pre-admission to submission of an account in order to ensure DSO targets are achieved
- Implementing cash management processes to prevent losses
Ensure effective operational capabilities by
- Managing and implementing PS business strategy in order to ensure optimal functioning
- Assisting with the development and implementation of a robust information management system, UAT testing.
Governance and risk management by
- Preparing and ensuring sound audit compliances to achieve optimum business ethics
- Participating and developing action plans within the risk management teams to appropriate the correct controls
- Support tip-off investigations
- Degree/Diploma as a professional nurse with approximately 5 years post basic, preferably ICU or theatre trained
- Proven leadership and/or people management experience within healthcare.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Life billing contracts and funder rules
- Strong clinical competency skills and clinical coding, both ICD and CPT
- Knowledge of electronic messaging
- Knowledge of the hospital billing and claims process
- Strong interpersonal and self management skills
- Computer proficiency (MS office)
- Willing to travel
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Research, planning, organizing implement , Monitor and Reassess processes/procedures
- Resilience; Drive & energy
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Knowledge of the hospital information system
- Knowledge of LHC policies, practices, systems and procedures, protocols.
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships and Networking
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading by example
- Motivating and developing people
- Continuous learning and improvement
- Knowledge of Human Resource Utilisation
- Influencing and Negotiating Skills
- Closing date
- Friday, October 16, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.