Occupational Therapy Technician x4
- Algoa Frail Care Centre
- Occupational Therapy Technician x4
One vacancy has arisen for an Occupational Therapy Technician to work as Rehabilitation Assistants at Algoa Frail Care Centre. The candidate must have a strong interest and ability working with physical neurological conditions The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the Occupational Therapist and the Therapy Coordinator. The candidate will be responsible for meeting the needs of the internal customers through the execution of ward program activities, participating in hospital events and form part of a dynamic professional team that is continuously striving for the highest quality standards in patient care.
- Critical Outputs
- Quality clinical user/resident care
- Implementing, evaluating and facilitating ward, vocational and activity programs of patients in the unit
- Participate in training and development as arranged
- Monitoring users’/residents’ response to treatment through record keeping
- Active participation in special awareness and events
- Stock management and Record-keeping
- Facilitate and assist with the activity program and special event activities within the facility as per instruction and under supervision of the Occupational Therapist.
- Assisting with duties instructed by the Occupational Therapist and the Physiotherapist i.e. assisting with performing of Activities of Daily Living, running of activities such as sport and games, and supervision during social events, passive stretching, positioning of MHCU in wheelchairs, in bed or inside lyres. Assisted walking with those MHCU that require help.
- Assist with responsibilities within the Rehabilitation Department, i.e. safekeeping and monitoring of equipment in the department.
- Frequent and consistent verbal communication of the rehabilitation programs.
- Any other duties as assigned and instructed by the Occupational and Physiotherapist.
- Grade 12/NSC and
- Appropriate qualification as a registered Occupational Therapy Technician
- Experience in the handling of long term physical and intellectually impaired users.
- Creativity in presentation of activities prescribed by the Rehabilitation Therapist
- Ethical and professional behaviour towards MHCU’s and staff.
- Good work habits and good attendance record.
- Team worker with knowledge of a rehabilitation program within a psychiatric facility.
- Registration with the HPCSA for the current year (2022)
- CPD compliance (5 ethics and 15 clinical points)
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment skills
- Verbal & written communication
- Attention to detail/ excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Cost control
- Organisational awareness
- Professional and technical proficiency
- Ability to operate within a multidisciplinary team
- Closing date
- Monday, August 1, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.