Occupational Therapy Assistant/Technician
- Life Entabeni Hospital
- Occupational Therapy Assistant/Technician
A vacancy exists for an Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) or Technician (OTT), at the Acute Rehabilitation Unit, Entabeni Hospital, and KZN Durban. Reporting to the Therapy Services Coordinator, the successful applicant will be expected to work as part of an interdisciplinary team, offering quality customer service. Life Entabeni Rehabilitation unit, is part of an expanding network of rehabilitation units within Life Healthcare group.
- Critical Outputs
- To assist in providing Occupational therapy services to patients
- To assist the Occupational Therapist with therapy groups.
- To develop and maintain the therapy area.
- To participate in team and family meetings.
- To attend and contribute to continuing education programmes.
- To assist with ensuring maintenance of unit equipment
- Applicants need to have the appropriate qualification, and must be registered with the HPCSA as an Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) or Occupational Therapy Technician (OTT).
- Experience in treating adults and children with neurological disorders will be an advantage.
- Essential to have an understanding of stroke, traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury.
- Applicants need to have strong interpersonal relationship skills, team work, and effective communication skills,
- Performance orientation and commitment to quality patient and customer satisfaction
- Closing date
- Friday, August 23, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.