- Life Entabeni Hospital
- Occupational Therapist
A sessional Occupational Therapist vacancy exists at the Life Entabeni Acute Rehabilitation Unit, Durban. Life Entabeni Rehabilitation is part of an expanding network of rehabilitation units within Life Healthcare group. The successful candidate will report to the Therapy Services Coordinator.
- Critical Outputs
- Evaluation, program development and treatment of patients admitted to the unit.
- Assessment and treatment of physical, functional and cognitive problems.
- Function effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team to meet the requirements of quality patient care.
- Prescription and ordering of assistive devices.
- Education of patients and their families about the patient’s condition.
- Participation in weekly team and family meetings.
- Active participation in continuing professional development activities of the unit.
- Supervision and training of, therapy assistants, and other subordinates
- Building relationships with referring doctors and therapists.
- Understands the private healthcare industry, and relevant legislation, challenges and role players
- Applicants must have a degree in Occupational Therapy, and must have current registration with the HPCSA.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in treating adults and children with neurological disorders will be an advantage.
- Recognised further training within their profession in the field will be an advantage
- It is essential to have an understanding of stroke, traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury.
- Excellent Interpersonal relationship skills, and understanding of interdisciplinary teamwork,
- Effective communication skills, leadership and performance orientation
- Candidate will need to demonstrate commitment to quality patient care and customer satisfaction/experience .
- The successful candidate will be expected to work flexible hours based, on unit requirements.
- 086 677 9464
- Closing date
- Tuesday, October 23, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.