Occupational Medical Practitioner
- Life Occupational health / Employee Wellness
- Inland, Vereeniging area
- Occupational Medical Practitioner
A Sessional vacancy exists for an OMP, within Life Occupational Health, Inland Region, reporting directly to the Regional Manager. The job entails the provision of professional healthcare services, to Life Occupational Health clients, in the Vereeniging area.
- Critical Outputs
To take responsibility for quality service delivery from a clinical perspective with specific reference to the following:
- The delivery of quality Occupational and Primary Healthcare and Emergency care services, compiling of COID claims and implementation of HIV/AIDS, TB and STI management programmes, where applicable and complying to DMR requirements.
- Conducting of Occupational Health Risk Assessments, Compiling of medical surveillance matrixes , feedback reports for related Clients and implementation of relevant medical surveillance programmes at the identified and relevant Clients sites
- Assessment of medical surveillance results and identification of health trends with feedback to Clients on pro-active or preventative measures
- Conducting of relevant medical examinations and assessment of employees with regards to ability/fitness to work
- Assist with monthly and quarterly feedback to Clients, which includes compiling of reports and feedback meetings with Clients
- Support and assist with the evaluation of the on-site Nursing staff with regards to clinical competency and provide in-service training where necessary
- Facilitate compliance to on-site control measures with regards to medicine dispensing, ordering, and record-keeping
- Assist the Regional and national Life Occupational Health teams in their efforts to provide quality and cost-effective on-site healthcare services that meets the requirements and expectations of the Clients and facilitates legal compliance in relation to the on-site healthcare services being provided
- Legal appointment in terms of the Mine Health and Safety Act.
The following qualifications and requirements are applicable:
- MBChB and at least 5 years’ experience as Medical Practitioner
- Diploma in Occupational Health with at least 3 years’ experience in relevant mining environment
- Valid ATLS, ACLS training Certificate
- Registered with HPCSA and SASOM.
- Occupational Health qualifications registered with HPCSA
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Dispensing license (preferred)
- Relevant experience
- Required to work 40 hrs. per week plus standby every second week including the weekend
- Computer literacy
- Own transport (willing to travel between sites and to out of town areas)
- Excellent interpersonal/people skills
- Work well within a team
- Commitment to the provision of quality healthcare services to LOH Clients
- Problem-solving and analysis
- Influencing skills
- In-service training skills
- Excellence driven
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships, with Clients and staff
- Understanding of business requirements and constraints
- Verbal & written communication skill
- Closing date
- Friday, October 19, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.