Occupational Health Nurse
- Durban South, KZN
- Occupational Health Nurse
A vacancy exists for an Occupational Health Nurse in South of Durban area, (16 hours/week) reporting to the Operations Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for rendering a quality occupational health service which is effective and efficient, and exceeds customers’ expectations for an Occupational Health clinic.
- Critical Outputs
- Maintenance of an Occupational Health program to establish the physical, psychological and social well-being of the worker in a safe working environment.
- Monitoring the health status of employees through on-going surveillance programmes according to the SOP.
- Providing information that the client can utilize to eliminate, control and minimize health risks and hazards to which the employees are, or may be exposed.
- Coordination of emergency procedures
- Working effectively within a budget and ensuring smooth administration of all aspects of the services
- Delivering high quality primary healthcare services.
- Meeting the prescribed professional and quality standards of both Life Occupational Health and the Clients.
- Ensuring the total satisfaction of our clients through continuous improvement and added value
- Ensuring compliance with ISO 9001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007 standards including internal and external audits (Life Occupational Health as well as client audits)
- The following qualifications are required:
- Qualifications in General Nursing
- Occupational Health Nursing B Tech/ Diploma with 2 - 3 years relevant experience
- Registration with SANC; NOTE: Additional Occupational Health Nursing qualification must appear on current SANC receipt
- Sound knowledge in the provision of Occupational and Primary Health Care Services.
- Certificate in dispensing
- Certificate in Competency:
- Audiometry certificate and registration as an audiometrist with SASOHN
- Vision screening
- HIV Counselling and Testing
- BLS ( Basic Life Support)
- Computer literacy essential
- Ideally, the candidate should have experience in administration and employee relations, good communication skills
- Candidates who are results orientated, have initiative and the ability to deliver quality outputs will be most suitable for this position.
- Customer orientation, focus and teamwork complete the profile.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Influencing skills
- Motivating and developing people
- Drive and energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Customer responsiveness
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Closing date
- Tuesday, February 19, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.