Occupational Health Nurse
- Life Occupational Health
- Occupational Health Nurse
A vacancy (Fixed term contract) exists for an Occupational Health Nurse for 20 hours per week service at a clinic in the Port Elizabeth area, reporting to Pauline Williams, Operations Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible to render a quality occupational health service which is effective and efficient, and meets and exceeds customer’s expectations and requirements.
- Critical Outputs:
- Development of an Occupational Health program to establish the physical, psychological and social well being of the worker in a safe working environment.
- Monitoring the health status of employees through ongoing surveillance programs.
- Providing information the Client can utilize to eliminate, control and minimize health risks and hazards to which the employees are, or may be exposed.
- Coordination of emergency procedures
- Working effectively within a budget.
- Delivering high quality of primary healthcare services.
- General administration functions.
- Meeting the prescribed professional and quality standards of both LIFE OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH and the Client.
- Participate in the LIFE HEALTHCARE Q programme and ISO audits as well as client audits.
- Qualifications in General Nursing and Occupational Health Nursing with sound knowledge in the provision of Occupational and Primary Health Care Services.
- Certificate in dispensing and audiometry qualification and accreditation and Spirometry course
- Computer literacy
- Experience in the treatment of Injuries on Duty, BLS, and COIDA administration
- HIV/AIDS counselling and testing and drug and alcohol counselling
- Ideally, the candidate should have experience in administration and employee relations, good communication skills and registration with the S.A.N.C.
- Candidates who are results orientated, have initiative and the ability to deliver quality outputs will be most suitable for this position. Customer orientation, focus and teamwork complete the profile.
- Good interpersonal relations
- Clinical competence
- Drive and energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behavior
- Customer responsiveness
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Closing date
- Monday, June 24, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.