Occupational Health Nurse
- Witbank and Ogies, Mpumalanga
- Occupational Health Nurse
An exciting opportunity exists for a 40 Hour per week position for an Occupational Health Nursing Practitioner, qualified and experienced in Occupational Health, in the vicinity of Witbank and Ogies, Mpumalanga region, reporting to the Unit Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for rendering a quality mining occupational health service which is effective and efficient; meets and exceeds the Client’s expectations and requirements.
- Critical Outputs
- Assist with the implementation of all clinic related systems and programs.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of medical surveillance monitoring of the health, wellbeing and fitness to work status, of employees, through an on-going medical surveillance plan and in accordance with a medical surveillance matrix and Occupational Health Program.
- Conduct medical surveillance examinations and tests.
- Assist with the implementation of Wellness Programs and related testing.
- Compile feedback information, on identified health problems and trends identified to facilitate the reduction, elimination and control of related health risks and hazards to which the employees are, or may be exposed to.
- Assist with the identification of employees with abnormal audiometric and lung function test results.
- Keep and update the necessary registers.
- Assist with in-service training of employees with regards to occupational exposure risks, preventative measures and PPE.
- Assist with the compiling, on a monthly basis, of accurate feedback written and statistical reports.
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of emergency procedures and protocols.
- Effective treatment and management of employees injured on duty or presenting with medical emergencies.
- Working effectively within a pre-determined budget.
- Delivering high quality primary healthcare services, including the ordering of stock and the implementation of and compliance to stock control measures and requirement.
- Comply with all clinic administration related duties and functions including IOD related administration.
- Comply with prescribed professional and quality standards of both Life Occupational Health and the Client.
- Assist with the compliance to quality programs and conducting of ISO and client audits.
- Work effectively within a team.
- Qualifications: General Nursing
- Occupational Health Nursing B Tech/ Diploma with 2-3 years relevant experience post-graduation in mining environment
- Registration with SANC; NOTE: Additional Occupational Health Nursing qualification must appear on current SANC receipt
- Sound knowledge and experience in the provision of Occupational, Primary Health and Emergency Care.
- Certificate in dispensing
- Certificate in competency:
- Audiometry certificate and registration as an audiometrist with SASOHN
- Vision Screening
- Multi-drug testing
- HIV Counselling and Testing
- Computer literacy (Ms Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Own accommodation and transport.
- Good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Candidates who are results orientated, have initiative and the ability to deliver quality outputs will be most suitable for this position. Customer orientation, focus and teamwork complete the profile.
- Drive and energy
- Good interpersonal relations
- Clinical competency
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Customer responsiveness
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Closing date
- Tuesday, February 19, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.