Occupational Health Medical Practitioner
- Life Occupational health / Employee Wellness
- EHS, Mpumalanga Region
- Occupational Health Medical Practitioner
A vacancy exists for a permanently employed Occupational Medical Practitioner in the Mpumalanga Region, in the vicinity of Steelpoort Limpopo, reporting to the Regional Business Manager. The successful candidate will be required to work 40 hours a week. The placement requires standby and when required, call-out emergency assistance, after hours. The after-hours standby will be based on a standby roster and will be shared with other Medical Practitioners.
The main purpose of this position is to be responsible for the management and provision of Occupational, Primary Healthcare, Emergency Care Services, at mine sites as well as a smelter in the area.
- Critical Outputs
- To manage and provide quality professional Occupational, Primary Healthcare and Emergency Care services, at the Client’s site
- To maintain an Occupational Health Risk Management Programme at the Client’s site
- To assist with on-going development, implementation and evaluation of the on-site Occupational Health Programme.
- To conduct health risk assessments, compile related feedback reports and assist with development and implementation of a risk based medical surveillance programme and matrix
- To conduct medical examinations, assess and trend medical surveillance results
- To assist with work related clinical matters, fitness and return to work assessments and incapacity assessment and management
- To assist with injuries on duty and medical emergencies, also after hours, as per a standby/call-out roster (approximately two weeks per month)
- To assume responsibility for the functional clinical and medical assessments and daily management of patients
- To advise the client on Occupational, Primary, General Health and legislative related matters
- To facilitate the implementation of all related legislative requirements
- To assist with the updating of policies, procedures and protocols, in line with current or changing legislation
- To assist with management of COVID-19 related matters
- MBChB, with a Diploma or Degree in Occupational Health and at least 2 year’s proven experience, in Occupational Health, preferably in the miming environment
- Up to date ATLS & ACLS certificates with related experience in Emergency Care (preferred)
- Knowledge of mining legislation and experience in Occupational Healthcare, mining, would be an advantage
- Dispensing Licence
- Own transport will be required. Travelling between the mine sites is a requirement (within a radius of ±25 kilometres)
- Accommodation is currently provided by the Client
- Computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Up to date CPD points
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Influencing skills
- Business insight
- Drive and energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behavior
- Building relationships & networking
- Customer responsiveness
- Verbal & written communication skills
- 0866 829 362
- Closing date
- Friday, September 25, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.