- Life Queenstown Private Hospital
- Nurse Manager
A vacancy exists for a Nurse Manager based at Life Queenstown Hospital, reporting to Hospital Manager, Benjamin Deyzel. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing, leading and coordinating the nursing function within the hospital in line with hospital and company strategic objectives of growth, quality and people.
- Critical Outputs
Effective operational management of clinical outcome
- Ensure optimal functioning of nursing operations by establishing clinical care risks with Unit Managers, developing and implementing nursing care strategy and regular progress reviews with multi-disciplinary team including driving compliance to LHC clinical standards
- Drive compliance and improvement of LHC & nursing quality metrics and quality accreditation systems to ensure reduction of risks and as safe patient environment
- Lead, drive and participate in various LHC & Nursing quality initiatives and BOP’s
Effective financial management
- Plan, prepare and monitor budget monthly, manage, together with relevant stakeholders, labour spend in line with budget, patient requirements and actual activities, RSRT environment and ensure continued focus on internal DSO
- Align activities to support the growth strategy of LHC
Effective people management
- Participate actively in Hospital management committee meetings.
- Recruit, retain, motivate and develop staff according to LHC people policies and practices.
- Effective building of relationships with internal/external stakeholders
- Ensure productive working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders by participating in various forums, cross-functional activities and by identifying networking opportunities.
- Market the professional image of Nursing and the Hospital within the community, participate actively in marketing initiatives and promote nursing as a career.
- Drive formal nurse training and CPD to address critical shortage and competence.
Governance and risk management
- Ensure optimal management of departmental governance to achieve sound business ethics, risk management and control with appropriate transparencies and controls
- Degree / Diploma in Nursing
- Post-graduate qualification is advantageous.
- Current registration with South African Nursing Council
- At least 5 years relevant clinical experience and knowledge of critical outputs
- Proven leadership and at least 3 years management experience within healthcare (ideally private sector)
- Basic understanding of labour legislation.
- Good understanding of business principles and a commercial orientation
- Computer proficiency (MS office)
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading by example
- Motivating and developing people
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Closing date
- Monday, July 15, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.