Nurse Manager Secretary
- Life Springs Parkland Hospital
- Nurse Manager Secretary
An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and professional secretary to provide administrative and secretarial support to the Nursing Manager Nashira Cevikmen. The successful candidate should have highly developed communication skills, including excellent writing skills. He/she will be involved in organising diaries, setting up and preparing documentation for meetings, dealing with e-mails and correspondence, and will be first point of contact for queries and telephone calls.
- Critical Outputs
- Proven ability to communicate and interact with all levels of personnel with tact and diplomacy
- Flexibility in judgment to assess and deal judiciously with multiple, competing work demands
- Maintain schedules and calendars. Plan and organise meetings, including attendance and taking minutes at meetings &coordinate external visitors
- Access, maintain and distribute various types of technical and staff data including reports, letters, mailing lists and memoranda.
- Maintain nursing personnel files and file all relevant documents into personnel files as required
- Editing, typing and prioritising correspondence and meeting minutes
- Perform administrative support including ordering supplies
- Weekly consolidation of agency timesheets and submission to nursing agencies for invoicing, distribution of invoices to unit managers for checking and weekly loading of invoices for payment
- Coordinate uniform fittings annually including processing of orders, receipt and distribution of uniforms and electronic receipting of invoices
- Other general office duties as required by Nurse Manager
- Matriculation with an office administration qualification.
- Three to five years’ Secretarial / administration experience, preferably in healthcare environment
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office is a pre-requisite.
- Accuracy, speed and attention to detail are important
- Driver’s licence and own reliable transport.
- Afterhours work, in accordance with the demands of the position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Numeric ability Competencies as well as extensive administrative and office skills
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Closing date
- Wednesday, April 08, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.