Nurse Manager General wards
- Life Wilgers Hospital
- Nurse Manager General wards
A vacancy has arisen for Nurse Manager General Wards at Life Wilgers Hospital, reporting to the Senior Nurse Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving and implementing the nursing function within the general wards at Life Wilgers Hospital in line with hospital and company strategic objectives of Growth, Efficiency, Quality and Sustainability.
- Critical Outputs
Effective operational management of clinical outcomes, through:
- Optimal functioning of nursing operations, including the implementation and monitoring of compliance to all the LHC nursing standards, policies and procedures.
- Quality metrics - meeting the nursing sensitive indicator scorecard targets
- Benchmarking and ensuring continuous compliance and improvement to quality accreditation systems
- Infection prevention and control
- Ensuring implementation and compliance to nursing quality improvement projects and initiatives
- Drive the iShift projects.
Nursing cost efficiency and productivity, through:
- Providing input into the budget process for all general wards.
- Managing (review, analyze, monitor and resolve) nursing cost, labor hours’ norms and skills mix
- Alignment of FTE’s, Org Structure and Budget.
- Meeting internal DSO nursing targets for General Wards
- Ensuring compliance to Ward and E Billing targets
- Managing cost of sales through driving product conversions to improve and manage cost savings in all specialist units.
- Drive the Domino initiative.
Effective building of relationships with internal / external stakeholders, through:
- Ensuring productive working relationships with key internal stakeholders (i.e. HOD's, Matrix, peers and College) by participating in various forums and activities.
- Ensure productive working relationships with key external stakeholders (i.e. Doctors, suppliers, DoH, agencies, unions etc.) by identifying networking opportunities and actively engaging in forums and meetings where necessary.
Effective people management, through:
- Demonstrating visible leadership in respect of LHC values, operating model and strategy
- Actively sponsoring LHC initiatives and projects with influence
- Providing direction and inspiring positive work behavior in hospital
- Recruit, retain, motivate and develop staff according to LHC people policies and practices
Effective marketing, through:
- Marketing the professional image of Nursing within the community
- Increasing nursing student numbers through participating actively in marketing initiatives to promote nursing as a career. Driving formal nurse training and CPD within own environment
- Participating actively in various community events to promote the hospital.
- Lead and drive nursing projects across cross functional teams to align and implement the nursing strategy.
- Degree / Diploma in Nursing & current registration with SANC
- Post -graduate qualification and or a Master's degree will be advantageous
- 5 years proven leadership and management experience (ideally within private healthcare)
- Knowledge of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role-players including understanding of relevant legislation and regulations relating to healthcare industry and nursing profession (e.g. Nursing Act ) (R158)
- Comprehension of the private healthcare funding model in RSA.
- Understanding of DoH requirements as it relates to private hospitals and nursing (DoH core standards)
- Understand nurse resource management - labor hours, skill mix and optimal utilization of nursing staff.
- Knowledge of comprehension of nursing workload management.
- Understanding of change management principles
- Computer literacy
- Driver’s license
- Problem - solving, analysis and judgment
- Engaging diversity
- Influencing skills
- Business insight
- Motivating and developing people
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behavior
- Building relationships & networking
- Verbal & written communication and presentation skills
- Authentic Leadership skills
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Closing date
- Tuesday, August 04, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.