Nurse Manager – General Wards
- Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital
- Nurse Manager – General Wards
A vacancy exists for a Nurse Manager General based at Life Vincent Palloti Hospital. The position reports to the Senior Nurse Manager, Charlene Jones. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing, leading and coordinating the nursing function within the General Wards in line with hospital and company strategic objectives of growth, quality, efficiency and sustainability.
- Critical Outputs
Effective operational management of clinical outcomes
- Ensure optimal functioning of nursing operations by identifying and managing clinical care risks with Unit Managers, developing and implementing nursing care strategy and regular progress reviews with multi-disciplinary team including driving compliance to LHC clinical standards
- Drive compliance and improvement of LHC & nursing quality metrics and quality accreditation systems to ensure reduction of risks and as safe patient environment
- Lead, drive and participate in various LHC & Nursing quality initiatives and BOP’s
Effective financial management
- Plan, prepare and monitor financial performance monthly. Manage, together with relevant stakeholders, the labour hours spend is in line with budget, patient requirements and actual activities. Ensure continued focus on internal DSO and RSRT
- Provide input into the budget process to ensure appropriate budget allocated to individual wards and the hospital as a whole
- Assist in maintaining accurate financial information in respect of agency hours and costs
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports in respect of nursing costs and labour hours, including weekly flash reports
Effective people management
- Participate actively in Hospital management committee meetings.
- Recruit, retain, motivate and develop staff according to LHC people policies and practices.
Effective building of relationships with internal/external stakeholders
- Ensure productive working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders by participating in various forums, cross-functional activities and by identifying networking opportunities.
- Market the professional image of Nursing and the Hospital within the community, participate actively in marketing initiatives and promote nursing as a career.
- Drive formal nurse training and CPD to address critical shortage and competence.
Governance and risk management
- Ensure optimal management of departmental governance to achieve sound business ethics, risk management and control with appropriate transparencies and controls
- Degree / Diploma in Nursing
- Post-graduate qualification in Management and Education will be advantageous.
- Current registration with South African Nursing Council
- At least 5 years relevant clinical experience and knowledge to the critical outputs
- Proven leadership and management experience within healthcare (ideally private healthcare)
- Basic understanding of labour legislation.
- Understanding of business principles and a commercial orientation
- Computer proficiency (MS office)
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading by example
- Motivating and developing people
- Excellence orientation
- 021 506 4150
- 086 522 7850
- Closing date
- Tuesday, August 13, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.