- Facilitation and Training
- West Rand Learning Centre
- Nurse Educator
A vacancy exists for a Nurse Educator, based at West Rand Learning Centre, reporting to Hetty Smit, Regional Education Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for producing competent and qualified nurses to meet the needs of LHC and external healthcare providers by facilitating nursing education programs.
- Critical Outputs
Ensure the effective recruitment and selection of learners by
- Co-ordinating various recruitment drives to schools, conducting information sessions with potential learners, screening student applications and participating in selection interviews
Effective registration of learners with regulatory bodies by
- Ensuring complete registration of learners with SANC and obtaining proof of registration.
- Ensuring examination entry of learners who comply with SANC entry requirements, submitting necessary documentation to SANC and obtaining proof of examination entry
- Ensuring completion of training, capturing clinical and theoretical hours per learner and completing necessary documentation for registration of qualification with SANC
Ensure the effective facilitation of nursing programs by
- Planning and co-ordinating resources and methods for specific training programs
- Participating in clinical forums to ensure theory/practical correlation, participating in program workshops and facilitating modules and learning units according to training schedule
- Driving learner research projects, reviewing learner feedback forms and providing program evaluation feedback to Nursing Education Specialist
Ensure effective assessment (theory and practical) of learners by
- Participating in setting of tests and examinations and in formative evaluations in a clinical setting
- Conducting assessments with learners according to the assessment schedule and where applicable, with Clinical Training Specialists
- Marking assessments and clinical workbooks, collating and capturing learner results, identifying gaps and planning for remedial action where necessary
- Recognising learners who demonstrate high levels of academic performance and ensuring learners are rewarded accordingly
Ensure the professional socialization of learners by
- Inducting and orienting of learners into college and nursing culture
- Monitoring completion of Professional Socialization tools
Ensure effective relationship building with internal and external stakeholders by
- Participating in Unit Manager meetings to discuss learner progress and interacting regularly with Nursing Managers
- Participating in NEA meetings and communicating with regulatory bodies
Participation in curricula development by
- Providing program evaluation and curricula review and modification to Nursing Education Specialist and participate in the development of and piloting of new modules, revised clinical instruments and workbooks
- Relevant post graduate Degree or Diploma in Nursing Education is essential.
- Experience in nursing education and post basic training of 3- 5 year is preferred.
- Preference will be given to a candidate that holds a relevant Masters’ degree.
- Registration of all qualifications and the assessor qualification with the South African Nursing Council is essential.
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office packages) is essential.
- A post graduate qualification in Management is recommended.
- Driver’s license and ability to travel is essential.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading by example (Key for Managers)
- Motivating and developing people(Key for Managers)
- 011 473 1890
- Closing date
- Friday, May 31, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.