- Life College of Learning
- Nurse Educator
A vacancy exists for a Nurse Educator, based at Life College of Learning East London Learning Centre, reporting to Cecile Breytenbach, Regional Education Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for producing competent and qualified nurses to meet the needs of LHC and external healthcare providers by facilitating nursing education programs.
- Critical Outputs
Ensure the effective recruitment and selection of learners by
- Co-coordinating various recruitment drives to schools, conducting information sessions with potential learners, screening student applications and participating in selection interviews
Effective registration of learners with regulatory bodies by
- Ensuring complete registration of learners with SANC and obtaining proof of registration.
- Ensuring examination entry of learners who comply with SANC entry requirements, submitting necessary documentation to SANC and obtaining proof of examination entry
- Ensuring completion of training, capturing clinical and theoretical hours per learner and completing necessary documentation for registration of qualification with SANC
Ensure the effective facilitation of nursing programs by
- Planning and coordinating resources and methods for specific training programs
- Participating in clinical forums to ensure theory/practical correlation, participating in program workshops and facilitating modules and learning units according to training schedule
- Driving learner research projects, reviewing learner feedback forms and providing program evaluation feedback to Nursing Education Specialist
Ensure effective assessment (theory and practical) of learners by
- Participating in setting of tests and examinations and in formative evaluations in a clinical setting
- Conducting assessments with learners according to the assessment schedule and where applicable, with Clinical Training Specialists
- Marking assessments and clinical workbooks, collating and capturing learner results, identifying gaps and planning for remedial action where necessary
- Recognising learners who demonstrate high levels of academic performance and ensuring learners are rewarded accordingly
Ensure the professional socialisation of learners by
- Inducting and orienting of learners into college and nursing culture
- Monitoring completion of Professional Socialisation tools
Ensure effective relationship building with internal and external stakeholders by
- Participating in Unit Manager meetings to discuss learner progress and interacting regularly with Nursing Managers
- Participating in NEA meetings and communicating with regulatory bodies
Participation in curricula development by
- Providing program evaluation and curricula review and modification to Nursing Education Specialist and participate in the development of and piloting of new modules, revised clinical instruments and workbooks
- Relevant degree or diploma in nursing education
- Master’s Degree in Nursing Education
- Experience in nursing education and post basic training
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage.
- Computer proficiency
- Driver’s license and ability to travel
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading by example (Key for Managers)
- Motivating and developing people(Key for Managers)
- Closing date
- Sunday, May 15, 2022
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy.
Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.