- Kwa-Zulu Natal Learning Centre
- Nurse Educator
A vacancy exists for a Nurse Educator, based at the Kwa-Zulu Natal Learning Centre, reporting to the Regional Education Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for producing competent and qualified nurses to meet the needs of LHC and external healthcare providers by facilitating nursing education programs.
- Critical Outputs
Ensure the effective recruitment and selection of learners by:
- Participating in the planned recruitment drives to schools/open day.
Effective registration of learners with regulatory bodies by:
- Participating in the registration of learners with SANC and obtaining proof of registration.
- Compiling examination entry and re-entry of learners who comply with SANC Professional Entrance
- Examination entry requirements, submitting necessary documentation to SANC and obtaining proof of examination entry.
- Ensuring completion of training, checking the captured clinical and theoretical hours and assessment marks per learner and completing necessary documentation for registration of qualification with SANC
Ensure the effective facilitation of nursing programs by:
- Facilitating the subjects allocated per academic programme in a manner aligned to the curriculum, teaching and learning strategy and policy of the College; ensuring student engagement in learning in contact and online learning.
- Clinical accompaniment of students in clinical practice.
- Ensuring that the relevant learning activities allocated are loaded onto Moodle.
- Participating in clinical forums to ensure theory/practical integration, participating in program workshops/development opportunities.
- Reviewing learner clinical and theoretical feedback and collaborating with the subject/learning centre team to resolve issues/trends using a quality improvement methodology.
Ensure effective assessment (theory and practical) of learners by:
- Participating in setting of formative and summative assessments according to the standard of the College.
- Conducting assessments with learners according to the assessment schedule and where applicable, with Clinical Training Specialists/Coordinators in a fair and transparent manner.
- Marking assessments and clinical workbooks, collating and capturing learner results, identifying gaps and planning for theoretical or clinical academic intervention where necessary.
- Using maker reports to identify trends as quality improvement in teaching, learning and assessment.
- Recognising learners who demonstrate high levels of academic performance and ensuring learners are rewarded accordingly.
- Collating and submitting exam entries for College summative examinations.
Ensure the professional socialisation of learners by:
- Inducting and orienting of learners into the College and nursing culture.
- Monitoring the professional socialisation of students.
Promoting a culture of research and evidence informed practice:
- Supervising learner research projects.
- Participating in the regional research committee and research colloquium.
- Participating in College research projects.
Ensure effective relationship building with internal and external stakeholders by:
- Participating in Clinical Forum meetings; engagement with the clinical training specialists/coordinator; giving feedback on student progress to Nurse Manager/Nursing Standards Manager.
- Participating in a professional association.
Participation in curricula development by:
- Participating in curriculum development activities aligned to subject matter expertise.
- Participating in programme review activities both during implementation of a programme and as a formal review process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing with a post basic/graduate qualification in Nursing Education.
- Experience in Nursing Education and training for basic and post graduate programs of 1-3 years is preferred.
- Preference will be given to a candidate that holds an additional post graduate qualification and relevant Masters’ degree.
- Registration of all qualifications, including the assessor and moderator qualification, with the South African Nursing Council is essential.
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office packages and learner management system such as Moodle) is essential.
- A post graduate qualification in Management is recommended.
- Driver’s licence and ability to travel.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Verbal, written, technology mediated communication, facilitating and presentation skills
- Drive & energy (concern for high quality work)
- Excellence orientation (concern for attention to detail)
- Ethical behaviour
- Planning & organising
- Self-management (including personal organisation and time management)
- Influencing, motivating, building relationships and developing people
- Customer responsiveness
- Engaging diversity
- Organisational awareness
- Leading by example (Key for Managers)
Mrs Lorraine Govender
- Closing date
- Thursday, February 29, 2024
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.