- Cape Town Learning Centre
- Nurse Educator
A vacancy exists for a Nurse Educator to be based at the Cape Town Learning Centre reporting to the Regional Education Manager to facilitate the learning of both the basic and post basic nursing students.
- Critical Outputs
- Facilitating learning to ensure that students achieve specific theoretical and clinical outcomes.
- Supervising basic student research activities.
- Assessing the progress of students and portfolios of evidence according to prescribed standards and outcomes.
- Administering and managing the student learning process and ensuring that all learning and associated activities are completed within the prescribed time frames.
- Participating in the development of learning material, curricula and assessment tools.
- Working collaboratively with Life Healthcare hospitals and other clinical facilities in respect of the provision of appropriate learning experiences and accompaniment for students.
- Keeping up to date with developments in evidence based nursing, health care and nursing education to ensure that world class quality is attained.
- Compliance with the Company’s Continuing Professional Development programme.
- Postgraduate Diploma / Degree in Nursing Education is essential.
- Registration of all qualifications and as an Assessor with the South African Nursing Council.
- Preference will be given to a candidate with a post basic qualification. Eg: Master’s Degree.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in the delivery of nursing education will be advantageous.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office packages).
- Drivers licence
- Innovative, problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational skills and awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- (021 506 5340
- Closing date
- Friday, September 13, 2019
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.