Night Quality Supervisor
- Life Eugene Marais Hospital
- Night Quality Supervisor
A vacancy exists for a Night Quality Supervisor at Life Eugene Marais Hospital, reporting to the Nurse Manager Snr. The successful candidate will play an important role as member of the nursing management team by managing and supervising all operational activities at night as risk manager.
- Critical Outputs
- Effective management of clinical and quality risks at night by ensuring nursing care activities comply with SANC regulations, relevant legislation and Life Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Effective customer satisfaction and risk management practice through rendering of support during crises and the pro-active identification of problems and implementation of action plans
- Promote cooperative working relationships between departments including pharmacy, reception, housekeeping, catering and security services
- Assist with clinical accompaniment and training of night staff.
- Support the unit managers to ensure adequate and cost effective staffing, control of equipment and stock.
- Ensure the cleanliness and hygiene standards of the hospital in adherence to infection prevention & safety policies and procedures.
- Applicants need to be Registered with the SANC as a Professional Nurse.
- Qualification in Critical care
- Previous management experience would be an advantage.
- Competencies required are excellent communication skills, teamwork, conflict management, visible leadership and the ability to work under pressure.
- Performance orientation is essential.
- Candidates will need to demonstrate commitment to the development and education of nursing staff.
- Computer literacy is essential.
- Closing date
- Friday, June 22, 2018
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.