Night Quality Coordinator
- Life Hilton Private Hospital
- Night Quality Coordinator
A vacancy exists for a Night Quality Co-ordinator, based at Life Hilton Private Hospital, reporting to the Nursing Standards Manager.
The successful candidate will be overall in charge of the hospital at night and will be responsible for co-coordinating and leading the provision of quality patient care during the night in support of Company, hospital and nursing objectives of quality, growth efficiency and sustainability. She or he will also be required to assist in emergencies in the wards and the Accident & Emergency Unit at night.
- Critical Outputs
Effective quality management
- Communicating, supporting, coaching and monitoring of night staff in order to ensure a safe patient and staff environment
- Identifying clinical competence and addressing concerns with the line managers
- Participating and leading quality projects in order to support a culture of quality
- Conducting clinical and quality care rounds and providing on the spot teaching as required
- Monitoring and ensuring adherence to company work procedures and safe standards of practice
- Effective handover to the Enabling Team to facilitate quality patient care and enable effective follow up and management of risks
Effective operations management
- Ensuring all units have adequate staff and re- allocating staff appropriately when needed
- Understanding Company focus on COS, and stock management processes, managing the use of the after Hours Cupboard
- Effectively managing unplanned events in order to ensure optimal utilization of resources
- Providing direction and inspiring positive work behaviour in order to keep staff motivated and productive
Effective relationship building with internal & external stakeholders
- Displaying visible leadership to night staff and management in order to ensure productive and motivated team work
- Participating in meetings in order to ensure productive and meaningful relationships with external stakeholders
- Degree or Diploma in Nursing
- Registered with SANC
- Management experience will be an advantage
- Proven leadership abilities
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awarenes
- Closing date
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.