- Clayville, Gauteng
- Millwright Artisan
A vacancy exists at Life Central Laundry, for a Millwright Artisan reporting to the Maintenace Supervisor, Siphamandla Mdlalose. This job exists to ensure well maintained and reliable plant and equipment through routine inspections and maintenance eliminating breakdowns.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensure operation and reliability of Electrical and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
- Attend to breakdowns and take remedial action.
- Locate sources of problems by observing plant and equipment in operation, listening for problems using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly inspections on plant and equipment.
- Ensure that equipment services are done timeously and service records are properly filed.
- Maintain equipment parts and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level. Ensure that spares are ordered and received timeously.
- Provide mechanical maintenance information by answering questions upon requests.
- Prepare mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Ensure that contractors working on plant and equipment adhere to Health and Safety rules.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending relevant training.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating maintenance actions, irregularities, and continuing needs on plant and equipment.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Assist with any other work as requested by management.
- Conduct risk assessments prior to conducting any maintenance related work on plant and equipment.
- At least N5 qualification in Mechanical Engineering coupled with a Millwright Trade Test certificate with a minimum of 5 years in engineering maintenance.
- Practical experience in a Laundry environment or similar environment is essential.
- Drive and energy
- Ethical behavior
- Attention to detail
- Closing date
- Wednesday, August 05, 2020
Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.